We respect your privacy
Howards Storage World Pty Ltd (A.C.N. 094 719 490) (“HSW”) is concerned about protecting any personal information which may be provided by you. This policy sets out how we handle clickstream data, cookies and e-mail addresses, as well as other personal information, such as your name, address and telephone number, that may be submitted by you whilst visiting the HSW website to either order a catalogue or make an inquiry in relation to franchising, or otherwise in the course of participating in any HSW marketing/promotional activities..
- We may enter personal information submitted by you, in the course of ordering a catalogue or registering to receive information in respect of HSW franchises, or otherwise registering to receive information, and/or making enquiries in respect of any HSW products/merchandise, into a database. We generally collect personal information for the purposes of forwarding catalogues to you and/or responding to general and franchising enquiries. If you choose not to provide HSW with details as requested, this may limit HSW’s ability to action your request.
- Your personal information will be used for the purpose for which you have provided it, and it will only be used for future HSW promotional/marketing/advertising purposes if you have consented to this use by ticking the opt in box displayed.
- We will not use your personal information for any purpose other than the purpose/s stated herein without your consent and we will not disclose your personal information to any third parties for any other purpose without your consent, unless it is otherwise necessary, as contemplated by the New Zealand Privacy Legislation.
- Clickstreams are the paths a user takes when navigating a web page or the internet in general. When you visit the HSW website, our Internet Service Provider makes a record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes – the user’s server address, the user’s top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk, .nz, etc), the date and time of the visit to the site, and the type of browser used.
- A cookie is a short piece of data that is sent from a web server to a web browser on the user’s machine when the browser visits the server’s site. The cookie is stored on the user’s machine, but it is not an executable program and cannot do anything to your machine. Whenever a web browser requests a file from the same web server that sent the cookie, the browser sends a copy of that cookie back to the server along with the request. In this way, the server knows you have visited before and can co-ordinate your access to different pages on its web site. A server cannot find out a name or e-mail address, or anything about a user’s computer, by using cookies.
- Any and all comments, concepts and ideas (“Materials”) submitted by consumers during the course of their visit to the HSW website become the property of HSW.
- Any further queries regarding HSW’s collection, use or storage of personal information should be directed to the Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org